I, unfortunately, did stupid, sloppy things to not only permissions but file ownership... in /usr/bin hahaha
oops
so now sudo no longer works, and there is no simple way to fix this, possibly no way at all.
But ya know what? that's fine :-)
- I backed up my /home/pi folder (several hundred megs!!) to my macbook through ftp, so I have all my source code.
- Noobs was how I installed in the first place, and it's stupid partition structure prevents me from expanding my main partition on my larger sd card. My sd card can't be mounted read/write on my macbook booting into linux running gparted (phew!) for some unknown but apparently common reason, so I can't solve the problem.
- So the sd card will be formatted, partitions removed, and a lite raspbian jessie image will be installed and will take up all 16gb :-)
Then I just have the fun of setting it up again from scratch, ensuring my ssh goes to that ip, oh yea, setting static ip, setting up servers for remote everything, installing node 5 and getting it to run, setting up a working audio interface (this one is nutso hard and unstable from my experience), ...
... and then I will copy back my source code, and return to my project.
Hopefully will be solved tonight, but might take another extra day or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment